Accelerated disruption is a book Authored by Eric Lefkofsky to inspire entrepreneurs on how to grow their businesses and avoid failures. He talks about how great ideas fails and also tells on why they should not fail in the first place. Eric Lefkofsky is an American entrepreneur who with an investment of $1 million in Groupon has seen it grow to a successful business empire worth $6 billion. He was serving the company as the chairman and CEO before he left to establish a startup project, Tempus with the aim of fighting cancer. Click tempus.com for details.
Accelerated disruption talks of disruptive businesses that get established every day by aggressive entrepreneurs who have prodigious ideas with high potentiality regarding convenience, prices or even functionality. Such ideas that one would think they hold the key to the success of the respective industry yet they end up weakening for failing to consider the most important ingredients for the success of business. Such facts as moving behind technology will make a business rag behind as large competitors or even startups embrace the change in technology and apply it to their continued development and success. This is what accelerated disruption is all about, a business development that is willing to move at the same speed in which technology is advancing. Only those businesses that manage to appreciate and control the forces brought about by technology will survive as the rest gets displaced. Source forbes.com.
The central concepts that accelerated disruption has tackled include:
- Making the right choice of industry to invest in
- Appreciating the challenges in that industry and then turning it to your competitive advantage
- Use of the power of conventional wisdom to evaluate a disruptive idea and then test it
- How to get the best out of the people working for you
- How to create a refined R&D team from a casual customer base
- Getting to know how to improve products and quickly release them to the market
- How to promote your idea across the industry as well as investor resistance
- Ability to develop a realistic capital strategy that can support your business even in critical phases of development
Eric Lefkofsky has managed to assist in the foundation of about five technology startup businesses that are worth billions in his entrepreneurial endeavoring in Chicago. He has taken this opportunity to write this book so as to explain how disruptive businesses are established, developed and sustained. Eric Lefkofsky provides the future and other struggling entrepreneurs with an intellectual and conceptual framework that will guide them to transform their ideas into reality.
This site has more to offer www.insidephilanthropy.com/guide-to-individual-donors/eric-lefkofsky.html