Wall Street can in some way be compared to “Money Monster”, a fictional movie in which Lee Gates played the role of a Wall Street Guru and the host of the show. During a live broadcast on the show, there was an unexpected appearance by a disgruntled investor, Kyle Budwell. Budwell went on to take Gates hostage. He narrated how, in following the tips given by Gates, he ended up losing everything.
During the unfolding situation, Gates kept in communication with his producer who was in the control room. Clooney, together with other cast members, tried to keep themselves from getting blown up, all the while trying to uncover the truth behind the web of lies. Despite the movie being fictional, it goes to show some truth about Wall St and the disadvantages that small investors experience.
Wall St is a place that rewards the wealthy (accredited) investors by providing them with opportunities that are not available to non-accredited investors. However, one man is trying to change this. Brad Reifler, the Forefront Capital CEO, has embarked on a mission of ensuring the 99% of investors get to enjoy the same opportunities as the other 1%.
Reifler has shared the major problems that small investors have. These include:
1. Fees: Wall St firms have managed to raise management fees to astronomical levels. The fees are paid regardless of the performance of the portfolio.
2. Access to investments: In the past, the opportunities of investment for non-accredited investors had always been limited. According to the government, accredited investors are more intelligent and are thus allowed to invest in various funds that include hedge funds and private equity.
3. Stock Market Risk: Due to the limited nature of investment opportunities available to non-accredited investors, most of their investments are correlated to the stock market.
Brad Reifler is a successful leader who is the CEO of Forefront Capital. Reifler received his Economics and Political Science degree from Bowdoin College and proceeded to form Reifler Trading Corporation in 1982.
After his first company was bought by Refco, he proceeded to form Pali Capital. During his leadership, the company made $200 million in profits. Currently, he is the CEO of Forefront Capital, a firm that specializes in providing guidance in the commodities and forex markets.